The Curing Process
Our ceramic coating cures within the first 12 hours of application. However the coating is not fully hardened until 1-2 weeks depending on environmental conditions such as humidity and temperature. AT ALL TIMES, the following should be avoided:
– Parking under a shaded tree.
– Allowing bird droppings, sap or pollen to sit on the car and bake in the sun.
– Allowing contaminated or hard water to sit on the paint (avoid parking near irrigation sprinklers).
– Washing improperly using brushes or abrasive towels on the paint.
– The coating can help prevent your clear coat from water spots as it is hydrophobic. Ceramics however is not bullet proof and can still get hard water spots. The coating is less likely to etch than your factory clear coat, but it can still get water spots if not addressed immediately.
If you notice that your car gets water spots, bird droppings, tree sap etc. immediately remove it following our after care instructions listed below. ALWAYS be gentle when working on the paint.
1. For best results the car should be washed on a bi-weekly basis to avoid excessive contamination build-up.
2. Avoid high volume brush style car washes, as these can cause abrasion and wear down the coating.
3. Avoid washing in direct sunlight to minimize streaking and water spotting.
4. Wash from the top down leaving the dirtiest sections for last to avoid cross contamination and abrasion.
1. Drying Always dry completely, never leave it to “air” dry.
2. Tap water contains minerals that may leave deposits creating water spots.
3. Only use quality microfiber towels for best results and avoid aggressive wiping, allowing the material to absorb the water.
1. Never use aggressive products to polish the coating or remove surface contamination.
2. Never use excessive force to remove spots. Bird droppings, tar, sap, road paint, etc. should be removed as soon as possible to avoid temporary staining or hardening in the coating.
3. Any staining left behind from bird droppings will break down over a few days without affecting the coating. IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE REMOVING YOURSELF PLEASE SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO HAVE US ASSESS AND FIX..We are here to help! After Washing: Do not wax the coating. It is unnecessary and the wax will not bond to the coating. Blue Coast Products Detail Spray is the recommended maintenance
Do not wax the coating. It is unnecessary and the wax will not bond to the coating.
Automated Washing: Always go to a touch free wash. Using an automated car wash with brushes will void the warranty, dull the coating and cause scratches and swirls. Magic Touch Auto Spa does not warrant swirls and scratches caused by automatic brush car washes. Our Ceramic Coating requires about 1-2 full weeks to achieve full hardness. Please handle with care and do not wash the vehicle for the initial 2 weeks.
WARRANTY & TERMS
Magic Touch Auto Spa warrants the proper installation of your vehicle’s paint finish and will remain protected against:
Oxidation – Tar – Loss of gloss – UV Damage – Bug impacts – Tree Sap Etching – Bird Drop Etching – Color fading – Acid rain – Paint chalking
If any treated paint is shown to be adversely affected by exposure to these above conditions or through normal use, as evidenced by a visible loss of paint gloss or intractable stain, and providing that all of the terms of this warranty have been met, then such conditions will be remedied free of charge by Magic Touch Auto Spa, who reserve the right to attempt repairs through professional surface reconditioning / polishing before reapplication of the affected area.
APPLICABLE VEHICLES AND PERIOD OF COVERAGE
The terms of the coverage will be between 2, and 5 Years. Restrictions may apply if there is clear evidence of repainted areas on the vehicle.
BASE COAT and TOP COAT SYSTEM
Offers a 5 Year Coverage on all painted surfaces of the vehicle
SINGLE COAT SYSTEM
Offers a 2 Year Coverage on all painted surfaces of the vehicle
2. Only vehicles registered as passenger vehicles will be warranted. Commercial vehicles of any kind will not be covered. In addition, valet and transportation service vehicles including Uber and Lyft vehicles will not be covered under warranty.
3. It is required to have the proper preparation work carried out by a Magic Touch Auto Spa coating center, which includes some level of paint correction.
4. In the event of damage/repair to the surface (i.e. accident repair) the vehicle must be taken to a Magic Touch Auto Spa center for retreatment to the repaired areas, at the owner’s expense. (Retreatment may be reimbursed through an insurance claim)
5. Warranty is non transferable.
6. Should a product reapplication be required (e.g. vehicle accident) you or your insurer are liable for a reapplication fee, determined by the approved applicator.
7. The vehicle exterior paintwork must be maintained and washed properly. After washing, ensure that no water is left to dry on the coated surface. In the event that your vehicle is exposed to high-mineral-content water (“hard” or “soft” water) like that from some automated car washes, sprinkler systems or tap water in some areas, then all coated areas need to be dried as soon as possible with a microfiber cloth and detail spray. Any water that is left to dry may form visible ringlets, which should be wiped off with vinegar until the mineral deposit is removed, as soon as possible.
1. Where the owner has deemed to have been careless, negligent or failed to maintain the exterior painted surface in the correct manner.
2. Pre-existing damage to the painted surface or any other treated part of the substandard specification, materials or workmanship by the vehicle manufacturer, their dealership, third-party supplier or modifier, or professional detailers not authorized by Magic Touch Auto Spa.
3. Damage to the coated surface by incorrect manual wash techniques, automatic car washes, brushes or contaminated wash tools that may cause abrasion or damage caused by a third party not authorized by Magic Touch Auto Spa.
4. Swirl marks, marring, scratches, scuffs, scrapes, chips to the painted surfaces & water spots.
5. Failed Clear Coat – Peeling, Hazing and Fading or any claim for matters which are covered by vehicle manufacturers’ warranty.
6. Damage caused by collision, accidental damage, vandalism, malicious damage, fire, hail, flood, stones, collision, surface rust, rail dust, physical damage, paint over spray, water etch or vehicle manufacturer’ defects, or defects which may be covered under a manufacturers or dealerships protection plan.
7. Areas that have not been retreated after a paint repair.
8. Any loss of time or use of the vehicle while it undergoes inspections or treatments.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY (CLAIMS)